Wednesday, November 11, 2009

TeacherSpeak

    "Enjoys expressing himself orally" = shouts out answers without raising his hand and hollers personal questions at the teacher in the middle of the lesson. What I was inspired to write for Junior's literacy strengths while doing some language-arts planning last week ...
     I think I am allergic to field trips. We are heading to the theater this Friday, and Saturday I got a tickle in my throat. Monday afternoon I had the achy throat that usually precedes laryngitis, which means some students missed out on a much-needed, high-volume scolding. Luckily, I was out of the classroom for a teacher meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday was Veteran's Day, so while I am congested and coughing, I still have my voice. I also think immediately dosing myself with Zicam and drinking LOTS of hot tea helped ward off the worst.
     This will be my first field trip, since I was laid up with laryngitis for the courthouse tour in October. Wondering how a 40-minute bus ride with about 50 joyful and hyper fifth-graders will go. Will I need ear plugs? Aspirin?

No comments:

Post a Comment