Monday, November 16, 2009

parents: part II

     Seattle came up to me today and started conversation by saying: "So you know how I told you I'm an only child? I'm not anymore."
     Me: "Oh?"
     Seattle: "My mom is pregnant."
     Seattle, by the way, is chronically tardy (I was amazed to see him in school before the bell this morning). He generally rolls into class at about 8:30 a.m., or a good 45 minutes after the first bell. Consequently, he is too late/too much in a rush to have gotten breakfast. I've gotten into the habit of doling out a granola bar from my stash so I don't have to fret about him starving until our noon lunchtime. 
     My first thought about Seattle's announcement: will mom's pregnancy mean even more tardies? What about when the baby arrives in April? I hope life gets a little more settled for his family, but until then I'll keep scanning the supermarket ads for granola-bar sales.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment