Tuesday, November 3, 2009

apple slices, so to speak

  •       I have students write down assignments and important dates on the whiteboard, and I spent all of today puzzling over one inscription: "Posepond spelling test Tuesday 11/3." I even surreptitiously checked the spelling booklet and a student's tablet, thinking maybe I had mixed up the lists and given them the "o" sound list. About an hour ago it hit me: the word was POSTPONED. They were scheduled to take the test Thursday, but I pushed it back. 
  •      Secret: Sometimes teachers are just as eager (if not more) for recess and lunch to arrive. We just can't say anything.
  •     I wore a slightly more "teacher" outfit today, because of my before-school meeting. Unfortunately, Junior's parents were a no-show. By the end of the day, my feet were killing me. Sandals, no matter how sensible, just can't compete with sneakers. My teacher wish list includes a professional-looking, cute and extremely comfortable pair of shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment