Tuesday, November 2, 2010

new look!

     Redesigning your blog is a good way to fritter away a Monday evening when you don't have work the next day.
     Spent 3 days out of the classroom last week, due to a bad case of laryngitis (alas, it's becoming an annual October occurrence). Went back on Friday, although by the end of the day I was definitely hoarse again. However, quite a few of my kids were so so happy to see me. Big difference between fourth- and fifth-graders: fifth-graders won't hug you of their own volition, usually, while fourth-graders are happy to hug you on the way into the room in the morning, on the way out the door to recess, on the way back into the room after recess ... you get the picture.
     I was 7 kids short today, which was actually quite nice. Odd, but nice. And I'll admit it was pleasant to get a break from some of my more rambunctious students.

No comments:

Post a Comment