Wednesday, March 3, 2010

what bugs me

I think the students would mutiny if fed a steady diet of science and social studies lessons out of the textbook, so I've started doing the occasional language arts lesson in the morning. Yesterday we looked at list poems, using Bruce Lansky's "What bugs me" as a springboard. Here's my version:


What bugs me

When I wake up 30 minutes late and have to dash, splashing coffee in my wake
When I have to wrangle with a balky computer to print out today's work
When I realize the clock is 10 minutes slow because the bell rings, and I thought I had more time
When the students surge in, chattering and slapping down their chairs and books
When I realize I have a meeting for the second half of the day
                but no sub plan
                                      yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment