Monday, February 22, 2010

pile it on

Thinking maps, Marzano's, reader response charts, graphic organizers, T-charts.
I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all the stuff I'm being shown that's supposed to help my students boost their understanding and test scores.
While I'm grateful to the folks who are sharing these things, sometimes it's all too much.
I want to offer my students a variety of paths to success, but when does the highway to success get jammed with traffic? I'd like to try out all of these strategies and tools with students, but given where we are in the school year, I don't want to overload them. I also feel the limited time means I need to prioritize and pick what I think is most important.
Hmm ... just need to figure out what's most important. Most important to whom? The middle school they'll be heading to in two years? The high school they'll move on to? The college?
Should I give each strategy/tool a test run and see what works best? Or just present one or two and stick to them?
I'll take these questions to my PD gurus this week and see what they say ...

No comments:

Post a Comment