Tuesday, December 1, 2009

yeah, I know, but ...

     A colleague irritated me recently by talking about Junior. She noticed some misbehavior when I had a substitute teacher a few weeks ago, and since then has made several comments along the lines of "I don't like that kid."
     Anyone who reads this blog regularly, or semi-regularly, knows all about my experiences with Junior. Yeah, he can have an attitude. Yeah, he can be aggressive and mouthy, and just plain insensitive at times. But when she says things like that, all I can think is, Isn't that the problem? That he acts in ways that cause problems, but he really wants to do well in school and be liked? Yes, there has been many a day when Junior has not been my favorite kid, but I'm not giving up on helping him change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment