Sunday, December 6, 2009

an exasperating art

I think we are on seating chart #752. 
OK, so I may be exaggerating, but arranging seating is an exasperating art, even before factoring in long-running student feuds and students' relative levels of boy- or girl-craziness.
A sample of the thoughts running through my mind as I craft _yet_ another seating chart: 
Student A used to "go out" with Student B, and Student A still gets giggly when near Student B, so seating them together is out.
Student C is the queen bee of my room, so she cannot sit with certain girls. That is, unless I enjoy hearing them gab nonstop about "New Moon" and Jacob's rippling muscles.
Student D and Student A are good friends who claim they can focus when seated together, but I have my doubts.
Student F and Student G talk incessantly when seated together in the first row, so they need to be separated.
Student H and Student T are either best of friends or mortal enemies, but this changes hourly/daily. Best to seat them at opposite ends of the room.
Students T is mature and focused, but has a crush on Student C and gets distracted.
Student C and Student M like each other. Student M also started getting suspiciously high vocabulary test scores when seated next to Student C, so they can't sit together.
Student H spends 90% of her time looking at what other people are doing, then yelling out, "--- is eating candy/throwing erasers/spilling glue/sitting at someone else's desk!" at the top of her lungs, so she needs to sit facing the front and as close to me as possible.
Sigh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment