Monday, January 3, 2011

and ... we're BACK??!!?

     Was surprised to note that the last blog post was Nov. 15. Whoops. Maybe my resolution should be to post more regularly? I have to blame the drop-off on the massive paper I needed to write for my graduate class. While the graduate endeavor has required quite a bit of work (5 freezing hours at a stretch in UH's Hamilton library), this semester seemed especially tough. Or maybe I'm just getting tired of juggling it all. Anyhow, I have some thoughts percolating on how to juggle things a bit better in the near future ...
    Today was a teacher work day. Teacher work days are a kindness, really. A kindness to teachers like me, who frittered away their break staying up late and sleeping in, eating almost everything in sight, reading for fun, and in general breaking their fervent, end-of-semester vow to PLAN PLAN PLAN AHEAD. Teacher work days let the goof-offs like me wrap their brain around the fact that break is over (oh, how 2 glorious weeks flitted by). It will definitely be a bit odd to be standing in front of a roomful of 9-year-olds tomorrow. They will likely be tired and slightly dazed, but hopefully with school supplies in tow. (We needed to move all the desks for floor polishing, so Puakenikeni and I decided to have them drag all their stuff home instead of leaving it all over the room. We'll see tomorrow if that was a wise decision.)

No comments:

Post a Comment